Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Back To Doll School

Many of you have started school and many of you are still in the prep phase, but regardless, school is something that is on everybody's mind at this time of year. In this post, I will show you how to make school stuff for your dolls.
The outfit is a My Dolls Life tee paired with American Girl Retired Meet Pants. The Tee had a rip in the collar when I found it, so i just cut the neckline straight and tied bits of the hem to the sleeves. The hair flower is from Build A Bear Workshop.
The Backpack is a wristlet from Claire's. It comes in many themes, but I chose the lightning. It can open and close, and it has a lightning zipper pull.

For a roll of tape, I used mini Fashion Angels Fashion  Tape rolls . The Tape came in large packs from Michael's.


For a canvas painting in progress, I drew a crayon drawing on a mini canvas. I used mini Handwriting Without Tears crayons for crayons, and a lip gloss sample brush for a paint brush.



For books, I used Mini books that came with Mini Ag Dolls. I cut sticky notes down to size , and then I wrote on them and stuck them in the book for notes.

I made my Doll a cafeteria lunch to enjoy at break. I made her a burger using three 1 inch wood discs, glue and felt. I make the burger by making a sandwich in this order. Start with a 1 inch wooden disc. Add a layer of glue. Color a wooden disc brown and place on top of the wet glue. Add more glue. Cut a a half inch oblong out of green felt. Place on top of the glue.  Add more glue. Cut a circle of red felt. Place on the glue. Add glue on top of that, and place the wooden disc on the glue to finish. For a salad, Cut green felt up into small strips, and place in a bottle cap. For a cupcake, I am using a lip gloss from a candy store. The Coca Cola is a soda can candy container from the candy shop.  It actually is called Loca Cola. The Tray Came with IWAKO erasers. The burger container was the lid to an Ipod Shuffle box.



For a stapler, I used An IWAKO eraser.

These crafts are simple and fun doll school crafts. There are many mini backpack options out there, including first aid backpack clips and other Claire's wristlets.
A binder can also be made By folding a small bit of paper in half, punching three holes down the back fold, and add three mini binder rings. Decorate the front as you wish.
Enjoy!
















1 comment:

  1. Wonderful job on your American Girl blog. Good information with pictures too.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete