Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A fun find: Doll Spatulas: Plus: The doll skillet

Hey guys!
Today is a two in one post day. That means that this post is about two things: A fun find, and a related craft.
The first thing is the fun find. I found these makeup spatulas that make perfect doll spatulas at A Soma store at the mall! They were for samples, so I got mine free!
These would also work for barbie dolls.
My next thing is a doll sized skillet craft! This craft took up one of the spatulas, but if you do not have these, use the handle from a food sample spoon or even a handle from a real plastic spoon.

For the skillet ,pancakes, and syrup:
Tin foil
1 Makeup spatula or spoon handle
Recycled cardboard
Tan and yellow craft foam
Glue
Bottle cap
Scissors
1 large bead
Stud earring base
Begin by cutting out a 3 inch circle of cardboard. Cover with foil. Glue on the spoon handle or makeup spatula to the foil covered cardboard. Let dry. And there, you have your skillet!
For the pancakes, press a bottle cap into tan craft foam. For an 18 inch doll, use a water bottle cap. For a 21 inch My Twin doll or similar, use a gatorade cap. I cut out the circles from the impression it left. I glue on small squares of yellow craft foam for butter.
To make the syrup, I glued a stud earring base to a large bead. Finish off with a makeup spatula as a spatula.
You are done!




Budding chef Elizabeth is busy making her doll family pancakes for breakfast. The pancake batter secret was passed down many generations before it reached Elizabeth.
"Mm, these pancakes smell too good! I have to make seven before my sisters wake up! " Exclaimed Elizabeth, rushing to make the pancakes perfect.

For this photo, I used a hair band instead of a clear plastic elastic to help her hold her spatula. I t looks like a real pot holder!
Enjoy making pancakes for your dolls!

























1 comment:

  1. Vivi,
    These ideas are very clever and artistic. This is my first visit to your blog but certainly not my last!
    Amy Avital

    ReplyDelete