Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A doll Gymnastics Gym!

Today We will be making a gym for our AG dolls. This craft may take you anywhere from two days to two weeks. The ideas for some of the things came from the blogs Doll Diaries And My Froggy Stuff. I will tell you which of the things did. To make this you will need: Tons Of art supplies!

  1. I am using a trifold poster board to make the back drop for my gym. I start by cutting many sized star shapes out of foam. I glue one big , 1 small and 1 medium together. I make many to give my gym some pizazz.
  2. To make the bar, I roll up a long sheet of foam into a tube. Secure with many small strips of tape. I make two tubes.  Cover them with red velvet fabric. I attach a long dowel between the tubes. I Taped it in place. And voila, you have your bar!
  3. In our gym, not just the boys do the rings. I used binder rings and yarn to make rings.
  4. I made a Trapeze bar by stringing a 3 foot string of yarn through a drinking straw. I tied on the top. I taped that and the rings to a panel of the trifold.
  5. My froggy stuff and doll diaries both have good rhythmic  gymnastic ideas. I made My Froggy Stuff's clubs and Doll Diaries Ribbons. 
  6. I cut a shelf paper tubes into small pieces and attached them to the wall to make pegs to hang the ribbons on. I used 3 small foam sheets to cover the bottom with mats. 
  7. To make the water fountain, I covered a toilet paper tube with tin foil. I cut 1 inch long piece of a drinking straw and another 1 fourth of an inch piece. I glued the smaller piece of the straw to the side of the larger piece. I glue the straws to the tube, and I made sure that the small piece faced inward.
  8. I used a small dollar store plastic container for the stool. I then took a slightly larger container, Turned it upside down, and filled it with: Last weeks beauty items, travel sized lotion, makeup sample applicators, eye shadow applicators, mascara sample applicators, And mini pill boxes.
  9. I rolled up mini foam sheets to make yoga mats. I secured with a strip of computer paper.
  10. For the trophies,  I used mini academy awards from amazon. They are party favors that I had left over from a birthday party.
  11. I made the uniforms by cutting out arm and leg holes from a felt puppet shape I found At Discount School Supplies. I sewed up the back flap of the puppet. I used paper tape for decorations. I Tied some of the felt and paper tape onto a hair elastic to make a team scrunchies.
And voila, you have a doll gym! I might be able to cram in one small post tomorrow. Over the next two weeks, I may be posting only giveaways and quick crafts. I will be posting from a tablet, so there will be no photos. If I find any cute doll finds on my trip, I will post the idea and there will be photos when I get back. Meanwhile, Go shopping for free doll finds, Make crafts from old posts and more!
Enjoy!























1 comment:

  1. Sorry, there was a typo in this post. THe container with the beauty things is a grooming center

    ReplyDelete