Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

A doll Theatre!

Hello!
I am so sorry about not sharing more crafts! School is so busy, and I have been getting a boatload of homework. Anyway, Here is a cool craft on making a cool theatre plus some cool movie snacks! You need: Many craft  supplies!

  1. Start with a red trifold poster board. 
  2. I make the screen by cutting up pictures from the AG catalog. Any doll catalog would work. I glue bits and pieces of various photos to make the screen. I cut out photos of two dolls at a sleepover, some food, a salon caddy, some mini dolls, some hair extensions, a magazine, a book and a pet. I mount it onto a piece of colored paper.
  3. For the box office, I tape two folders together. Using my doll as a guide, I lay her down on the large folder we just made. I sketch out a square around her face, leaving a lot of room so it goes down to her chest. I cut out the square, and I replace it with clear packaging from boxes.I cover the folder part in scrap booking paper. I attach the non cut part to the board.
  4. I made seats by cutting the top and a side off of a cardboard box.
  5.  I cover it in red velvety fabric.I made the concession stand by laying a cardboard box on its side. I cover it in colorful computer paper. I cut out the main focus of a popcorn box or bag, and I tape it to the box. I write the menu on an index card, and I tape it on.
  6. To make a 2-d popcorn box, I cut off the sides of a popcorn box. I cut it off at about midway.
  7. To make nuts, I shaped small bits of terra cotta clay into nuggets. I glazed them before they dried to make them look fried. I put the nuts in a plastic food sample cup.
  8. To make a plate of nachos, I start by cutting a plastic pillbox in half. On mine, the plastic was soft, So it could be cut as easy as cardboard. This is the plate. To make the chips, I cut small pieces of felt and layered them. I cut a chip shape out of the felt. I rubbed ti let the chips go loose on the plate. To make the cheese, I mix yellow watercolor paint with Kid safe clay glaze (The kid safe part is not so important, but it would be a waste to use polymer glaze.) I mix until it looks like nacho cheese, And i paint it on the chips. Before it dries, I add bits of foam for toppings.
  9. I use beads and shortened straws for candy.
Enjoy making your dolls some cool snacks and a brand new theater!

















No comments:

Post a Comment